Tesmec surface miners can work up-cutting and down-cutting by changing the attachment. Choose the right excavation mode according to your needs.
- Down-cutting version leaves the excavated material behind the machine. Material can be stockpiled or removed immediately. This version is optimal for soft ores such as gypsum, coal, salt.
- Excavation without conveyor belt In the down-cutting mode the absence of conveyor belt allows to cut vertical sidewalls, reduces the width of the machine and results in increased efficiency, lower costs and no need for maintenance.
- The up-cutting version leaves a clean and flat surface by discharging the excavated material laterally with a conveyor belt.
- The area can be immediately re-cut, without any preparation. This is a big advantage as it optimizes the spoil removal and worksite efficiency. There is no need for immediate cleaning of the working area.
- The Rock Hawg can excavate several times in the same area, thanks to lateral discharge of the excavated material.
- The teeth hit the rock from the top downward and the impact increases the efficiency of excavation if the rock is brittle (highly fracturable).
- All the available power of the Rock Hawg is used for excavating the rock.
- Excavated material is not mixed. Different materials can be separated during the loading phase.
- The teeth hit the rock from the bottom upward. Reduced impact, less vibrations and increased capability to excavate solid, harder rock.
- The total cutting force is increased by crawler pull.
- Excavated material is loaded and stockpiled beside the excavated area.
|Most suitable for...
|Fractured rock mass Brittle (Fracturable) rock From weak to medium strong rock
|Unfractured rock mass Tough (not fracturable) rock From medium strong up to very strong rock
Download the leaflet