The Tesmec CTSU208 Wiring Unit operates with success on the Great Western Electrification Project. All conductors run at full tension and more importantly it was done safely over all shifts. The Certificate of Acceptance PA05/06943 allows this product to be used on Network Rail’s Infrastructure. TRAC Engineering Ltd has been utilizing the new, innovative Tesmec CTSU208 to install the electric wires, the first of its type in the UK. The innovative design allows installation of High Voltage Conductors in a single shift, where previously this would have taken several shifts.
The system is able to install up to 2 catenary and contact wires simultaneously under different tensions and with independent controls, in one working direction.
- It runs both contact and catenaries at full tension simultaneously
- It can access any standard (RRAP) Road Rail Access Point One single operator acting on a centralized control panel carries out all the operations of the stringing unit
- This unit maintains the tension of the wires when the system is not operating thanks to the automatic hydraulic opening negative brakes system
- Independent control thanks to the control panel which provides all the control devices necessary for stringing operations
- Safer and more efficient job site management